Analytical techniques allow scientists to look behind the scenes:
In hand-written lab notebooks, analytical data is often glued in, or collected in a separate folder.
Digital data is collected in various ways, and time-consuming searches for data, or even repeated measurements are common if datasets cannot be found.
Especially when group members leave, it becomes difficult to find pieces of information (which are still relevant).
- What is the product's structure like?
- Is it pure?
- When is the reaction complete?
With Sciformation ELN, you can avoid these problems:
- Analytical data is directly attached to the lab notebook entry, which makes it easy to find.
- As analytical instruments can be accessed directly (via network shares, FTP, etc.), storing the data at the right place does not create additional effort.
- Using naming conventions, automated transfer and assignment of analytical data become possible, offering advantages particularly for high-throughput experimentation.
- A preview image is generated for many (relevant) file formats, so that users can immediately make an initial inspection without additional software.
- You can analyze crystal structures, quantum chemistry models and most graphs directly in the browser using interactive viewer components.
- With a signed Java applet, the data can be transferred to the local computer, where it is opened by the specialized software (if installed) for further analysis and editing.
Modified data can subsequently be uploaded into the database, thus avoiding a fragmentation of the data.
In summary: Sciformation ELN integrates all analytical data into the laboratory notebook in a convenient way, ensuring the completeness and long-term value of the data generated through the experiments.